Changing the current AI rhetoric from "human vs machine" to "human + machine" will mean building environments and cultures which foster stronger human to machine communications. Digital technologies should augment human creativity to new heights by creating a subconscious always-on layer of intelligence capability.
The 3 Laws of Robotics written by Isaac Asimov in 1940s is so relevant to todays digital adoption and it should form the foundation of all initiatives. Here is our modified version of Asimov's laws for Robotics tailored to AI :
1) The AI may not bring harm to a human being or, through inaction, allow a human being to come to harm.
2) Any AI must obey the orders given to it by human beings except where such orders would conflict with the First Law.
3) Any AI must protect its own existence as long as such protection does not conflict with the First or Second Laws.
1) Create a two horizon AI Strategy clarifying Objectives, Obstacles and Outcomes
2) Define pivots which can be accelerated by AI, prioritised by impact
3) Develop an aligned Data Strategy roadmap and ecosystem
4) Launch collaborative “sandbox" environments as living labs
5) Implement robust AI Ops infused with ethics
6) Enable mechanisms for xAI (explainable AI)
7) Build cultures which foster collaborative intelligence: "human + machine"
Copyright © 2023 TALL The AI Living Lab LLP - All Rights Reserved.
Asia-Pacific’s spending on AI will reach around $50 billion in 2026. In this episode of "Shelter from the storm: Investing in the era of uncertainty," sponsored by EquitiesFirst, Economist Impact discuss the opportunities and risks around artificial intelligence investments in Asia-Pacific. What AI can offer is almost limitless, but the opportunities don’t come without risks.